Stover Manufacturing & Engine Company, 1927-1939 and n. d.
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: This collection consists of sales literature discussing the company’s products.
Held at:
Historical Construction Equipment Association
16623 Liberty Hi Rd
Bowling Green, OH 43402
Phone: 419-352-5616
Fax: 419-352-6068
Email: tberry [at] hcea.net
Record Series Number: 1/101/525
Created by: Stover Manufacturing & Engine Company (1862-1942)
Volume: 0.1 Linear Feet
Arrangement: Group 1, Machinery Records, is arranged by subseries, record format, record type, machine class, and publication date (where known).
Biographical Note for Stover Manufacturing & Engine Company (1862-1942) : Stover Manufacturing & Engine Company was founded by D. C. Stover in 1862, and was headquartered in Freeport, Illinois. Stover manufactured a wide range of products, including gas and diesel engines, tractor parts and accessories, grinders, saws, tank heaters, stock waterers, corn shellers, hammermills, bicycles, windmills and barbed wire. Stover ceased operations in 1942, and the company’s records are preserved by the Stephenson County Gas Engine Club, Freeport, Illinois.
Access Restrictions: There are no restrictions on this collection.
Subject Index
Bulldozer Pump
D. C. Stover
Dealership solicitation
Deming
Diaphragm pump
Diesel engine
Diesel generator
Drag saw
F. E. Myers
Factory
Freeport, Illinois
Fuel oil engine
Gas engine
Goulds Pumps
Hammermill
Kerosene engine
Lime mill
Minneapolis Equipment Company
Oil-Rite
Piston pump
Pump jack
Saw frame
Stephenson County Gas Engine Club
Stover Manufacturing & Engine Company
Genres/Forms of Material
Brochure
Catalog
Correspondence
Line card
Performance chart
Sales correspondence
Sales literature
Spec sheet
Languages of Materials
English [eng]
Acquisition Notes:   This is an artificial collection comprised of records from multiple accessions. Initial records in this collection were received from the Judd Griffith Collection, Accession 2000-0113. Additional records have been received from: