Log In | Contact Us | View Cart (0 items)
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Goldblatt Tool Company (1885-) | Historical Construction Equipment Association

Name: Goldblatt Tool Company (1885-)


Historical Note:

The Goldblatt tradition of customer satisfaction dates back to 1885 when Henry Goldblatt opened the doors of “H. Goldblatt Tool Company” in Kansas City, Missouri.  In those early days, Goldblatt purchased then resold tools to cement finishers, bricklayers, plasterers, lathers, and tile setters.  When these tradesmen traveled to different parts of the country, they purchased tools from Goldblatt through the mail.  Shortly thereafter, Goldblatt published catalogs and became a nationwide distributor.

In the late 1920s, Goldblatt ventured into manufacturing, designing and fabricating plaster and cement trowels.  The company discontinued selling directly to journeymen in the 1940s and began distributing its products through dealers.  Over the years, the Goldblatt catalog became known as the product encyclopedia for the trowel trade industry.  The company, in 1965, constructed a new, ultra-modern manufacturing facility on a nine acre site in Kansas City, Kansas.  By 1985, the plant spanned more than 200,000 square feet.

Stanley Works purchased the Goldblatt Tool Company in 1992.  Though the company saw many changes over the next 14 years, market share eroded, leading up to Stanley’s 2005 decision to divest itself of the trowel business.  In March, 2006, FinishPro Tools of Lenexa, Kansas purchased the Goldblatt® and PaceSetter™ brands from Stanley Works.  FinishPro had been manufacturing trowel trade tools for more than 20 years, including many Goldblatt products for Stanley.

Goldblatt Tool Company LLC became its own business in 2006 and returned to Kansas City where it had begun.

Sources: http://www.goldblatttool.com/History.aspx



Page Generated in: 0.084 seconds (using 91 queries).
Using 5.26MB of memory. (Peak of 5.39MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign