Log In | Contact Us | View Cart (0 items)
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Electric Wheel Company (1890-1957) | Historical Construction Equipment Association

Name: Electric Wheel Company (1890-1957)


Historical Note: Electric Wheel Company was founded in Quincy, Illinois in 1890 by John A. Stillwell. Along with farm wagons and implements and wagon wheels, it also produced the Allwork crawler tractor from at least 1912 through 1929. It was acquired by The Firestone Tire & Rubber Company (Collection 674) as a division in 1957.
Sources: http://www.titan-intl.com/about-titan; http://books.google.com/books?id=4gvqsh7i5owC&pg=PA80&lpg=PA80&dq=allwork+tractor&source=bl&ots=YhFp5ytg4R&sig=gwy-8Lib_S1H_9q6Xw82htVAbfM&hl=en&ei=QjRFSp2dMIa6NqHxlZ8B&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5





Page Generated in: 0.126 seconds (using 107 queries).
Using 5.85MB of memory. (Peak of 5.99MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign