Log In | Contact Us | View Cart (0 items)
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Farquhar Company Ltd. (1856?-1952) | Historical Construction Equipment Association

Name: Farquhar Company Ltd. (1856?-1952)
Fuller Form: A. B. Farquhar Company Ltd.


Historical Note: Arthur Briggs Farquhar went to work in 1856 for implement manufacturer W. W. Dingee & Company in York, Pennsylvania. He became a partner in the firm in 1858, and during the Civil War he acquired the firm and renamed it Pennsylvania Agricultural Works. He reincorporated it as A. B. Farquhar Company Ltd. in 1899, to facilitate settlement of his estate, although Farquhar sales literature gives 1856 as the date the firm was established. The Oliver Corporation (Collection 487) acquired the firm in 1952. A. B. Farquhar Company Ltd. became the A-B Farquhar Division of Conveyor Systems, Inc.





Page Generated in: 0.073 seconds (using 107 queries).
Using 5.85MB of memory. (Peak of 5.99MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign