Log In | Contact Us | View Cart (0 items)
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Jeffrey Company (1877-????) | Historical Construction Equipment Association

Name: Jeffrey Company (1877-????)


Historical Note:

Company History:

The Jeffrey Company was based in Columbus, Ohio. It operated several subsidiaries, including Jeffrey Manufacturing Company and Jeffrey Mining Machinery. Other Jeffrey entities documented in the Archives include the Jeffrey-Bakstad jaw crusher, Jeffrey-Hamilton Ground Storage and Reclaiming Machine stockpile reclaimer, and Jeffrey-Taylor vibratory feeder.

The Jeffrey Manufacturing Company (Collection 439) acquired Galion Iron Works (Collection 14) in 1929, and continued operating it under that name until 1973, when it was renamed Galion Manufacturing Company. Literature published from December 1968 through February 1974 identifies the firm as a Division of Jeffrey Galion Inc.

Dresser Industries (Collection 375) acquired Jeffrey in 1974. The Brazilian licensee of Huber-Warco (Collection 425) was sold to Dresser Industries, and became part of their Galion grader operations under the name HWB Dresser, later HWB Jeffrey Division, Dresser Industries (Collection 767).

According to the Metro Rentals website at http://www.metro-rentals.com/Shortnorth.htm, its former headquarters and research and development buildings have been converted to The Jeffrey, an apartment building.






Page Generated in: 0.285 seconds (using 107 queries).
Using 5.85MB of memory. (Peak of 5.99MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign