Log In | Contact Us | View Cart (0 items)
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Lansing-Company (1881-????) | Historical Construction Equipment Association

Name: Lansing-Company (1881-????)
Variant Name: Lansing Wheelbarrow Company


Historical Note:

Lansing-Company – whose name was hyphenated this way – was based in Lansing, Michigan. According to catalog dated circa 1910, it was founded in 1881, and was formerly Lansing Wheelbarrow Company of Minneapolis, Minnesota, but the Michigan Historical Society’s websites states that the firm operated in Lansing under this name. The piece in question may have been printed over the name of the company’s Minneapolis sales office.

The Advance Concrete Mixer Company (Collection 31) was founded circa 1905 in Jackson, Michigan, and was acquired circa 1910 by Lansing-Company (Collection 1757) of Lansing, Michigan. There was also an Advance Mixer, Inc. (Collection 33) in Fort Wayne, Indiana in the late 1900s, and it is not known if there is a connection between these firms.

Lansing-Company ceased operations by December 2009, and nothing else in known of its operations.






Page Generated in: 0.166 seconds (using 107 queries).
Using 5.85MB of memory. (Peak of 5.99MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign