Log In | Contact Us | View Cart (0 items)
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

McKiernan-Terry Company | Historical Construction Equipment Association

Name: McKiernan-Terry Company


Historical Note: In 1897, the McKiernan-Terry Company developed the first double-acting pile hammer and sheeting hammer. Headquartered in New York City with plants in Dover, New Jersey, and Harrison, New Jersey in the early 1930s, it acquired Lambert-National as a division by 1931 and Mead-Morrison Manufacturing Company (Collection 1772) as a division circa January 1947 (per a sales letter dated May 7, 1948, in accession 2007-0090). It also operated McKiernan-Terry Drill Company as another division. The company became MKT Manufacturing, and as of March 2010 is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. The company website dates the firm only to 1986.





Page Generated in: 0.159 seconds (using 107 queries).
Using 5.85MB of memory. (Peak of 5.99MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign