Log In | Contact Us | View Cart (0 items)
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Minneapolis-Moline (1929-1963) | Historical Construction Equipment Association

Name: Minneapolis-Moline (1929-1963)


Historical Note:

Minneapolis-Moline Power Implement Company was headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It was formed by the 1929 merger of the Moline Implement Company, Minneapolis Threshing Machine Company, and Minneapolis Steel & Machinery Company, and produced the Twin Cities line of tractors and gas engines.

White Motor Corporation acquired The Oliver Corporation (Collection 487) in 1960, Cockshutt Farm Equipment Company in February 1962, and Minneapolis-Moline Power Implement Company (Collection 1776) in 1963. Oliver, Cockshutt and Minneapolis-Moline were merged into White Farm Equipment in 1969, with all three brands being applied to a common line of tractors until they were phased out in 1974.

The White-Oliver brand replaced the Oliver brand for construction equipment in 1967, and the Oliver brand was discontinued in 1976.

Allied Products Company (Collection 2981) acquired the White Farm Equipment line and merged it with its own New Era line to form White-New Era, then sold the line to Agco Corporation (Collection 2621) on November 9, 1993.

Note Author: Thomas Berry





Page Generated in: 0.069 seconds (using 116 queries).
Using 5.94MB of memory. (Peak of 6.09MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign