Log In | Contact Us | View Cart (0 items)
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Novo Engine Company (1890-????) | Historical Construction Equipment Association

Name: Novo Engine Company (1890-????)
Variant Name: Cady & North, Cady & Hildreth, Hildreth & Son, Hildreth Motor & Pump Company, Hildreth Manufacturing Company


Historical Note:

Novo Engine Company was headquartered in Lansing, Michigan. It was founded as Cady & North, a small repair shop in North Lansing, Michigan, in 1890. This company became Cady & Hildreth, and later Hildreth & Son. In 1901 they became Hildreth Motor & Pump Company, then Hildreth Manufacturing Company in 1906.

The company manufactured two-cycle marine engines and small farm pumps until 1908, when they started making vertical four-cycle hopper-cooled engines. These engines were applied to a variety of farm equipment, pumps, mixers and other devices. Their engines ranged from 2 to 15 horsepower.

Finally in 1911, they adopted the Novo Engine Company name. More modern internal combustion engines were added to the product line, as were hoists and drophammers.

Note Author: Thomas Berry





Page Generated in: 0.348 seconds (using 107 queries).
Using 5.85MB of memory. (Peak of 5.99MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign