Owen Bucket Company | Historical Construction Equipment Association
The Owen Bucket Company was headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio. Louis J. Arkin was hired as an inside salesman at its Chicago, Illinois, office in August 1930, and was transferred to Los Angeles, California, in 1931. The Los Angeles branch moved to Oakland, California, then to Berkeley, California.
Owen Bucket Company Ltd. was purchased from Owen Bucket Company by 1965 as a dealership owned by Louis Arkin, and relocated to Richmond, California, in 1971. Arkin sold Owen Bucket Company Ltd. to Anvil Attachments Inc. (Collection 82) in 1978, and it was renamed Bucket Mart of California. Arkin’s son Jim Arkin repurchased the Richmond operation in 1981. In 1986 it was renamed Bay Machinery Corporation, and it expanded into vibratory pile hammer rental and foundation equipment.